Thursday, September 16, 2021 / by Aaron Marasigan
What Makes Up Closing Costs?
What you’ll see in this video is, there may be closing costs customary or unique to a certain locality but closing costs are usually made up of the following:
- Attorney’s or escrow fees (Yours and your lender’s if applicable)
- Property taxes (to cover tax period to date)
- Interest (paid from date of closing to 30 days before first monthly payment)
- Loan Origination fee (covers lenders administrative cost)
- Recording fees Survey fee First premium of mortgage Insurance (if applicable)
- Title Insurance (yours and lender’s)
- Loan discount points
- First payment to escrow account for future real estate taxes and insurance
- Paid receipt for homeowner’s insurance policy (and fire and flood insurance if applicable)
And any documentation preparation fees.