Wednesday, November 13, 2019 / by Brenda Bianchi
Making simple changes can boost your home’s value. To make your home more energy efficient, here are some useful tips:
1. Service your air conditioner. Easy maintenance such as routinely replacing or cleaning air filters can lower your cooling system’s energy consumption by up to 15 percent.
2. Open windows. Opening windows creates a cross-wise breeze, allowing you to naturally cool your home without switching on air conditioners.
3. Use ceiling fans. Cooling your home with ceiling fans will allow you to raise your thermostat four degrees. This can help lower your electricity bills without sacrificing overall comfort.
4. Cook outside. Keep the heat out of your home by using an outdoor grill instead of indoor ovens.
5. Install window treatments. Energy efficient window treatments or coverings such as blinds, shades and films can slash heat gain when temperatures rise.
6. Caulk air leaks. Using low-cost caulk to seal cracks and openin ...
Tuesday, October 8, 2019 / by Brenda Bianchi
#TravelTips: Planning to travel? Learning how to pack efficiently is the key to lightening your load. Here are some tips to streamline your packing for a stress-free vacation.
1. Lay out everything that you think you want to pack on your bed and take a good hard look. It's only when you lay your entire ensemble in front of you that you see where you've made mistakes and can make the appropriate cuts.
2. Choosing thin clothing that packs flat over thicker, more bulky items makes a huge difference in how much you can fit in your suitcase.
3. Choose wrinkle-resistant fabrics that dry quickly, such as washable silk, nylon and micro-fibers.
4. Buy travel size goods. Need to swap your regular toiletries for ones that come in travel-friendly portions
5. Buy 'snack size' for packing necklaces. To prevent tangling, give each one its own bag and fasten the clasp.
6. When packing, place shoes toe-to-heel in t ...
Saturday, August 17, 2019 / by Brenda Bianchi
Splashing and diving in a pool is surely a fun and enjoyable way to beat the heat. However, owning a backyard pool comes with serious responsibilities, too.
We're sharing 5 important pool safety tips you can follow to make sure your children and pets are safe.
1. Have secure fencing around the pool with a self-locking entrance. Make sure a child cannot climb or squeeze through the fence.
2. Safety covers. Either manual or motorized, covers are placed over the water’s surface when the pool is not in use.
3. Installing alarms on a pool ensures adults are alerted when water in the pool is displaced.
4. Store pool chemicals in a safe area away from the pool area and out of reach of children.
5. Maintain a clean pool.
Saturday, August 10, 2019 / by Brenda Bianchi
Raising a baby can be difficult! At times it can seem like everything in your house is a hazard to your baby. Take the proper safety measures and childproofing steps to keep your family safe at home. Learn how to keep curious fingers away from everyday danger throughout the house.
Cut window-blind cords. Or use safety tassels and inner cord stops so that children can’t get entangled.
Place covers over unused outlets. Sliding covers are the best, as the push-in ones can be pulled out and possibly choked on.
Put up safety gates. Install hardware-mounted safety gates in front of any stairs in the house.
Install corner and edge bumpers. These will help prevent injuries from falls against sharp edges.
Use doorstops and door holders. Keep small fingers from being crushed or pinched in doors and door hinges.
Switch to cordless phones, if you haven’t already. Children can get tangled in phone cord. Plus, keeping an eye on your young ones ...
Thursday, August 8, 2019 / by Brenda Bianchi
August by the Numbers
Staying current is a must when it comes to understanding the housing market. Here's a look at how the numbers stack up today. If you'd like to learn more about homeownership or your next move, let's get together to discuss your options.